- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
Fifth Annual Kent Blues Fest Comes to Downtown Kent, July 19-20Posted Jul. 15, 2013
The fifth annual Kent Blues Fest will take place on July 19 and 20, and will feature free, live entertainment at 17 venues in downtown Kent. Some of the artists performing are Blue Lunch, Colin John, Memphis Cradle, the Wallace Coleman Band, the Wanda Hunt Band and many more.
The kickoff concert will feature the Brighter Side Band at Acorn Alley Plaza from 5:15-8 p.m. on Friday, July 19.
“This year’s event is bigger and better than ever,” says Mike Beder, owner of the Water Street Tavern. “The community has really embraced the Blues Fest as a great annual tradition.”
Grammy-nominated guitarist Tab Benoit will headline the show at the Kent Stage on Saturday, July 20, at 8 p.m. Benoit is a past winner of the B.B. King Entertainer of the Year Award and a committed environmental activist.
Sponsors of the Kent Blues Fest include the Kent State University Hotel and Conference Center, PARTA, Akron General Medical Center, Apollo Heating and Cooling, Cascade Auto Group, College Town Kent, Hungry Howie’s and Huntington Bank. Kent State’s WKSU is a media partner for the event.
For more information on performers, locations and times visit, www.kentbluesfest.com.
To purchase Tab Benoit tickets, visit, www.kentstage.org.