- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- Earth Day 2014
- 10th Annual Environmental Conference Held
- 10th Annual Environmental Justice Conference - April 26
- Alternative Spring Break Comes to Columbiana County 2014
- Announcing the 12th President of Kent State University,
- Commencement Ceremonies Held for Kent State’s Columbiana County Campuses
- Doctor to Share Lessons from Mother Teresa
- Environmental Issues Discussion Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- FAFSA Information Night - February 19
- Focusing on How to Serve Veterans on Campus
- Heather Haueter Represents Kent State Salem at Writing Conference
- Holocaust Remembrance Day - April 22
- Holocaust Remembrance Day 2014
- iGenius Initiative Implemented at Kent State East Liverpool Library
- Kent State East Liverpool Pinning Ceremony 2014
- Kent State Salem Nursing Students Learn About Cultural Diversity, Healthcare in Canada
- Kent State Salem Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State to Hold Movie Night at Thompson Park – July 5
- Large Turnout for Wellness Fair at Salem
- Library Jam For Mojo A Big Success
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- Noor Din, Tom Rutledge to Address Graduates at Kent State’s Columbiana County Campuses
- Nursing Hazard Hunt Held at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Complete Community Beautification Project
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- PTA & SOTA Clubs Fundraise for St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- Safety Service Day Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Safety Service Day Set for March 12
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Staff, Students Host Banquet in Salem
- “Stick it to the Dean” Fundraiser A Success
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Through the Lens of Dr. Jack
- Wall of Fame Banquet 2014
- Wall of Fame Scholarship Applications and Nomination Forms Now Available
- Wall of Fame Tickets on Sale Now
- Welcome President Warren
- Wellness Fair on Salem Campus
From the Office of General Counsel: Ohio Ethics Law – Can I Do That?Posted Jul. 15, 2013
Kent State University management and staff are invited to attend a seminar on Ohio Ethics. The two-hour seminar will be held on Friday, Aug. 2, at 10 a.m. in Franklin Hall on the Kent Campus.
Sponsored by the Office of General Counsel, the seminar will be conducted by a representative from the Ohio Ethics Commission, and will include information about Ohio Ethics Law that pertains to all public sector employees.
Topics to be covered include identifying and acting on potential conflicts of interest, understanding ethics prohibitions related to public contracts, identifying potential post-employment requirements, and general information about complying with the Ohio Ethics Law and related statutes.
University employees are expected to be informed of Ohio’s ethics laws and university policies regarding ethics. Employees are encouraged to attend this training and ask questions to expand their knowledge of Ohio Ethics Laws.
Registration is required for the seminar and seating is limited. The RSVP deadline is Thursday, Aug. 1. You can register here.
For more information, contact Angela Bertka in the Office of General Counsel at email@example.com or 330-672-8520.