- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Jewish Holiday NoticePosted Sep. 2, 2013
Dear Kent State Faculty and Staff:
Welcome back to campus! The Jewish holidays fall early this year in the second week of class.
- Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, begins the evening of Wednesday, Sept. 4, and ends the evening of Friday, Sept. 6.
- Yom Kippur begins Friday, Sept. 13, and ends Saturday night, Sept. 14.
As many students, faculty and staff may request time off to observe the Jewish holidays, we felt it important to inform you of the dates so that you can take them into account in your planning. Traditional observances of these holidays include refraining from work/school, spending time with family and in synagogue.
While not all scheduling conflicts can be avoided, I hope you are able to takes these dates into consideration to allow members of our diverse Kent State community the ability to celebrate these holidays without being penalized.
Please be aware that different Jewish students may observe the holidays differently; some observe one day of a holiday, while others observe two. Please keep this in mind should you have two students requesting excused absences for different lengths of time.
A 10-year Jewish holiday calendar can also be found on our website at www.kenthillel.org. Please also note that Jewish holidays begin at sundown the previous day.
We encourage you to call Hillel at Kent State should you have any questions.
Best wishes for a safe and prosperous new year,
Hillel at Kent State University