- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
Bike Repair Station Now Available on the Kent CampusPosted Jul. 8, 2013
Located on the Kent State University Esplanade, between the Kent Student Center and the Kiva, is a Dero Fixit Station, which is a bike repair station. The station provides a repair stand that can hold most bikes, an air pump and basic tools for minor adjustments, and is free and open to members of the Kent State community.
There also is a QR code on the station. If you have a repair that you are unsure of, you can simply scan the QR code, using a smartphone, for troubleshooting repairs.
The Dero Fixit Station was installed about a month ago. Currently, there is one station to test the amount of usage it receives.
“So far, the Fixit Station has been extremely well-received on campus,” says David Herpy, outdoor adventure coordinator for Kent State’s Department of Recreational Services. “This is just a small way for us to be a more bicycle-friendly university.”
Herpy expects dozens of uses per day of the Fixit Station.
The Dero Fixit Station was funded by the Department of Recreational Services and the university’s Sustainability Office.
For more information about Kent State’s Department of Recreational Services, visit www.kent.edu/recservices.
For more information about sustainability initiatives at Kent State, visit www.kent.edu/sustainability.