- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Challenging 5K Obstacle Race for All Ages
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Apply for FREE at Information Night
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent’s Role in Cross-County Basketball Game
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent East Liverpool’s Student Government Holding Blood Drive
- Kent State Regional Campuses to Automatically Award Associate Degrees to Bachelor’s Degree-Seeking Students Who Complete
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- PTA Students Continue Tradition
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Rural Scholars mentors present Justice Talking
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Serving it up on Fat Tuesday
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Earth Day 2014 activities plannedPosted Apr. 17, 2014
The Kent State University at Trumbull Office of Student Activities has announced events and activities in observance of Earth Day 2014, which occurs April 22.
Recycled Art Contest
Make something new out of some things old! Pick an environmental topic or use recycled pieces to sculpt. All physical media types will be accepted, including:
2D entries should be between 11" x 17" and 24" x 36", while 3D entries should not exceed 24" L x 24" W x 36" H.
The contest will be judged on originality, creativity, and power of message. Entries will be on display in the library the week of Earth Day, April 22– 25.
Prizes awarded for ages 18 and up, including a $200 first place prize, $100 second place prize and $50 third place prize.
Submission deadline is Monday, April 21 at 2 p.m. in the Kent Trumbull Library. Entry forms are available in the Library.
Master Gardner presentation
On Tuesday, April 22 at 4 p.m., a Master Gardner will visit the Kent Trumbull Library, speaking on earth worm composting. This is an all ages event and open to the public, so bring the kids and get your hands dirty!
Additionally, there will be information about the environment, and kids puzzle available in the library all week long.
For additional information, rules or general questions, call 330-675-8865.