- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
Trumbull nursing faculty receive leadership awardPosted Apr. 17, 2014
Kent State University’s College of Nursing held the Eighth Annual Barbara Donaho Distinguished Leadership in Learning Awards Dinner at the Kent Student Center Ballroom on March 22. Most of those awarded are registered nurses in the Kent area, and serve in a variety of capacities, from staff nurses to advanced practice nurses, as well as medical doctors. These dedicated individuals or preceptors are recognized for generously donating their time to help mentor and develop Kent State’s nursing students – the next generation of professional nurses.
Included among the recognized were Kent State Trumbull nursing faculty Kathy Dwinnells and Lynne Walker, who were nominated by students Carol Francis, Edie Garrett, Christina Hartson and Nikki Seminara.
Started in 2007, the award is named after Barbara A. Donaho, a longtime friend and supporter of Kent State and the College of Nursing.
Donaho’s distinguished career includes roles as a director of nursing, senior vice president of patient services and most recently as president and CEO of St. Anthony’s Health Care Center in St. Petersburg, Fla. She also holds an honorary doctorate of law from Kent State.
Kent State’s College of Nursing is one of the largest and most comprehensive nursing programs in the nation.
# # #
Kent State University at Trumbull nursing faculty Lynne Walker (left) and Kathy Dwinnells display their 2014 Donaho Distinguished Leadership in Learning Award.