- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent’s Role in Cross-County Basketball Game
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- PTA Students Continue Tradition
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Rural Scholars mentors present Justice Talking
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Serving it up on Fat Tuesday
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Exclusive Discount From Porthouse TheatrePosted Mar. 18, 2013
The Kent State Porthouse Theatre announces an exclusive offer for Kent State faculty, staff, students and alumni. These members of the Kent State community will receive a $50 discount on the Porthouse Theatre Academy: High School Division, a summer intensive program for high school students interested in performance and who are entering their freshman, sophomore, junior or senior years.
The program is ideal for:
- Students looking for an intensive summer learning experience in theatre, particularly those interested in learning more about theatre as a profession;
- Students who are planning to audition for acting programs on the university level and are seeking training to set them apart from other high school students; and
- Students who would like more performance experience.
Porthouse Theatre offers students the opportunity to receive advanced training in acting and musical theatre and audition preparation, get a head start in preparing for university auditions, and interact with and learn from professional theatre artists from across the country.
Where Will Classes Take Place?
All classes will be conducted at the Kent Campus, in the Roe Green Center for the School of Theatre and Dance.
When Will Classes Take Place?
Session 1: June 24-28
Session 2: July 29- Aug. 2
Porthouse Academy: High School Division Culminating Project
All students will participate in a cabaret-style performance, created from the songs, monologues and dance from academy classes. The showcase will be performed for Porthouse Company on the final Friday of the session.
For full details, please contact Lisa Marie at email@example.com.