- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Challenging 5K Obstacle Race for All Ages
- A Season of Gratitude
- Anniversary Celebration Begins with Art and Music
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Apply for FREE at Information Night
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- East Liverpool campus names Earth Day speakers
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent’s Role in Cross-County Basketball Game
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent East Liverpool’s Student Government Holding Blood Drive
- Kent State Regional Campuses to Automatically Award Associate Degrees to Bachelor’s Degree-Seeking Students Who Complete
- Kent State Salem Hosting Nursing Open House
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- PTA Students Continue Tradition
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Rural Scholars mentors present Justice Talking
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Serving it up on Fat Tuesday
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Kent State Program Makes Paid Internships Available to Freshman and Sophomore Math or Science MajorsPosted May. 2, 2013
The Kent State University Robert Noyce Summer Internship Program is available to freshman and sophomore math or science majors. Noyce interns will be paid $450 per week for four weeks in June-July 2013 depending on students’ schedule and site.
- Assist Kent State TRIO Upward Bound program staff members teaching math or science to high schools students.
- Assist summer programming at the Cuyahoga Valley National Park’s Environmental Education Center.
- Assist in math and science professional development programs, for example, Operation Physics.
Interns can still take summer courses, and internship schedules can be worked around students’ class schedules. This is the first phase of the service learning project of the Noyce Scholarship Program. Future scholarships for graduate studies may be available.
How to apply:
- Application forms are available at www.kent.edu/ehhs/mat/noyce-scholars-intern-program.cfm.
- The applicant must provide the following: resume; brief essay highlighting interest in science/math, commitment to adolescent education and desire to work in high-needs school districts; and two letters of recommendation.
- Eligible candidates will appear for an interview with the selection committee.
- Application deadline is Thursday, May 30, 2013.
For more information, visit www.kent.edu/ehhs/mat/noyce-scholars-intern-program.cfm or contact Lisa Borgerding (Donnelly), Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Kent State’s College of Education, Health and Human Services, visit www.kent.edu/ehhs.
# # #