- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
PHSA Has Full Schedule for FallPosted Nov. 12, 2013
The Kent State Public Health Student Alliance (PHSA) has an outstanding schedule of community outreach activities planned for Fall Semester 2013, according to executive board member and doctoral student Lorriane Odhiambo, MPH ’12. The approximately 50 members are having fun, doing good and promoting health.
September 21 Visited Medwish International to assist in sorting and checking medical supplies and equipment discarded by the health care industry before they were sent to developing countries.
October 5 Rode bikes in the Kent State homecoming parade, to represent the college and embody the theme of physical activity. “We did something exciting and demonstrated a way of being physically active besides going to the gym,” explains Odhiambo.
October 10 Volunteered at the National Depression Screening Day event held on the Kent Campus.
October 19 Participated in the 2013 Akron Heart Walk, involving more than two dozen students, faculty and staff and raising $5,010.
October 19 Collaborated with representatives from the College of Nursing to assist with health promotion and screenings at Convención Hispana 2013, held at St. Ignatius High School in Cleveland.
October 26 Joined a community work party to clean up and plant 70 riparian trees around Kelsey Creek in Cuyahoga Falls, as part of the Cuyahoga River Remedial Action Plan.
November 13 Held an organ donor recruitment event for LifeBanc.
The PSHA has a new faculty advisor, Willie H. Oglesby, Ph.D., assistant professor of Health Policy & Management.