- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
Attend the 4th Annual Restore the Runway Fashion Show on Dec. 8Posted Nov. 29, 2012
Habitat for Humanity of Portage County and Kent State University’s Fashion School present Restore the Runway, an annual fashion show in support of local community members in need.
The event will take place Saturday, Dec. 8 from 8 -10 p.m. in the Kent State Ballroom, with doors opening at 7 p.m.
In preparation for the show, the fall 2012 Fashion Visuals class has been challenged to construct two looks, using items from the Habitat for Humanity Restore located in Kent, Ohio. The show will demonstrate how students have redesigned and restored garments utilizing construction and design elements.
Over 100 garments will walk the runway, displaying the talents of Kent State’s Fashion School students. Prizes will be awarded to the top finalists.
Tickets cost $10 and are available at the door. All proceeds go toward building houses in Portage County, the city of Kent’s ReStore program and various other work sites and supplies.
You can learn more about Restore the Runway and RSVP by visiting the show’s event on Facebook.