City Year and Kent State’s College of Education, Health and Human Services to Offer Tuition Reduction ScholarshipsPosted Apr. 7, 2014
City Year is proud to partner with Kent State University’s College of Education, Health and Human Services to offer two 25 percent tuition scholarships toward 22 undergraduate programs or 24 graduate areas of study.
- Each initial award will be in the amount equal to 25 percent of tuition for one academic year (August through May).
- Each initial award may be renewable for no more than one additional one-year period if and only if the recipient maintains a 2.5 GPA at the end of each academic year.
- Both in-state and out-of-state students who are accepted to an undergraduate or graduate program within the College of Education, Health and Human Services will be eligible to be considered for the scholarship. If an out-of-state student is chosen to be a give a year scholar, he/she will be eligible to receive a scholarship that is equal to 25 percent off out-of-state tuition.
- Scholarships will be awarded to City Year corps member or alumni who have successfully completed at least one year of service with City Year.
- The scholarships described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for additional merit-based aid based on the strength of the application.
- Applications are made available each year until May 30 for eligible students. Contact the Office of Diversity Outreach and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. For more information, call 330-672-2537.
- To identify your City Year affiliation: Please contact the College of Education, Health and Human Services’ Diversity Outreach and Development (above) to be considered for the give a year scholarship. Please state that you currently serve or have served with City Year and reference our partnership.
- City Year verification: A verification letter must be submitted to be considered for the scholarship. Please send an email to Amanda Smidt, national manager of alumni and career services, at email@example.com with "EHHS at Kent State University: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line and include if you are applying to a graduate or undergraduate program, and the site where you served and dates of service in the email. This letter will be sent to the College of Education, Health and Human Services office and added to the applicant file.