- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
Essay Submissions for Earth Day Due April 14Posted Apr. 2, 2014
Kent State University at East Liverpool is holding an essay and poster contest as part of the campus’ Earth Day Environmental Justice Conference on April 26, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
Awards for the contest will be presented in four categories: science-based essays that synthesize research and sources based on evidence; sociology essays based on environmental justice research; personal essays citing research and personal experience; and humanities/academic essays that synthesize literature, history and psychology.
Essays should be eight to 10 pages, for a 15- to 20-minute presentation. They should include a cover sheet with name, title and identifying information including an id number and title in the header of the paper. Essay submissions are due by Monday, April 14 to Dr. Patti Swartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posters are due the day of the conference and will be set up and judged on site.
Winners in each category will receive bookstore vouchers ranging in valued from $35 to $75.
Bethany Zirillo, 330-382-7430, email@example.com