- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Empower Timekeeping to Replace KronosPosted Nov. 4, 2013
Kent State University is transitioning from Kronos to Empower Software Solutions as the university’s timekeeping system vendor. Over the past two years, the payroll department and the Division of Information Services, with assistance from the Division of Human Resources, University Facilities Management, Dining Services, University Libraries, Regional Campuses, and many others, have been assessing timekeeping and scheduling needs and looking for ways to better satisfy those needs. Empower was selected after a comprehensive evaluation process, which included issuing a request for proposal, reviewing the proposals received, selecting the top vendors, and attending vendor presentations and system demos. Empower was the unanimous preference of the payroll department, information services and the end users involved in the evaluation process.
Empower is used by thousands of companies nationwide including Home Depot, BJ’s Wholesale Club, Tufts University and the University of Northern Iowa.
Some of the features or improvements we will see with Empower are:
- FLASHcards can still be used to swipe time clocks.
- Empower software is HTML based so there will be no Java issues.
- Empower software is compatible with Macs.
- Empower has more robust baseline scheduling options.
- Empower has more flexible reporting options.
The payroll department, information services and other user areas will work together to implement this new system. The transition will take place over the next eight to 12 months with plans for Empower to be fully implemented by Dec. 31, 2014.
Questions may be emailed to email@example.com.