- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Challenging 5K Obstacle Race for All Ages
- A Season of Gratitude
- Anniversary Celebration Begins with Art and Music
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Apply for FREE at Information Night
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- East Liverpool campus names Earth Day speakers
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent’s Role in Cross-County Basketball Game
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent East Liverpool’s Student Government Holding Blood Drive
- Kent State Regional Campuses to Automatically Award Associate Degrees to Bachelor’s Degree-Seeking Students Who Complete
- Kent State Salem Hosting Nursing Open House
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- PTA Students Continue Tradition
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Rural Scholars mentors present Justice Talking
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Serving it up on Fat Tuesday
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Convocation, Pinning Ceremony Held for Salem Nursing StudentsPosted May. 16, 2014
Kent State at Salem held its annual nursing convocation and pinning ceremony on May 7 at Avian on the Water in Canfield, during which 48 students received their nursing pins and recited the nursing pledge. All are receiving degrees this year through the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program on the Salem campus.
Dr. Mary Lou Ferranto, coordinator of the BSN program at Salem, presented the 2014 class of graduates, while the nursing faculty members presented various awards and the students’ pins.
Graduating Senior Stacy Richardson delivered the student address, sharing her personal story of struggles, determination and perseverance. Noor Din, CEO of Human Endeavours of Vaughn, Canada, was the keynote speaker and encouraged the graduates to make a difference in the world by offering their service and time to those who need it most.
The BSN program prepares graduates to provide entry-level nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings, and provides management and leadership skills needed in today’s world of healthcare.
The BSN class of 2014 includes students who graduate in May, August and December.
May graduates include Kylie Alexander, Megan Boyle, Sabrina Christofaris, Brittany Cramer, Kerry Crum, Roberta Dunlap, Brittney Dysert, Tiffany Faltinowski, Brittany Frank, Jenni Frederick, Brianne Jackson, Alexandra Knight, Kyle Leskosky, Randall Ludwiczak, Rita Mancini, Heather Neel, Mariah Rast, Stephany Ray, Stacy Richardson, Rachelle Robb, Abigail Schuler, Harry Spencer, Kayla Stoots, Amber Thompson, James Welch.
August graduates include Roxanne Bowers, Kayann Camp, Christy Chine, Michele Murphy, Jason Poe, Kayla Proverbs, Richelle VanKirk, Tashia Watkins, Chelsea Withers, Kimberly Williams.
December graduates include: Laura Brown, Venna Carr, Alisha Fata, Alicia George, Brittney Jarrett, Abigail Kessler, Chelsea Laughlin, Hillary Nutter, Marsha Smith, Kim Baker Stowe, Haeli Todd, Kelly Waller.
Tina Smith, 330-337-4247, firstname.lastname@example.org