Profiles details page (Do not delete)
Sheri McCormick, B.S., R.T. (NM), NMTCB, ASCP (N)
Sheryl McCormick, BS, RT (N), CNMT, NM
Clinical Coordinator, Nuclear Medicine Program
I am the clinical coordinator of the Nuclear Medicine Program at Kent State University Salem Campus. I graduated from Youngstown State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Comprehensive Science. I furthered my education by graduating from the Nuclear Medicine Institute in Cleveland, Ohio as a nuclear medicine technologist.
I have been employed as an Ohio state licensed registered nuclear medicine technologist in several areas hospitals. I have held the roles of staff nuclear medicine technologist, department assistant supervisor and department director. Most recently I have had the opportunity to be employed as an EPIC Superuser for a hospital’s new electronic health record (EHR).My primary responsibilities as clinical coordinator are to serve as a liaison between the students, clinical staff and Kent State University. I conduct clinical site visits to work with the students on a one on one basis. These visits allow me to teach critical thinking skills and problem solving skills in the health care environment. I provide supervision, administration, and coordination of the instructional faculty in the clinical phase of the educational program.I maintain current knowledge of my professional discipline through networking and continuing educational activities.
My teaching responsibilities include the following courses: Nuclear Medicine Patient Management, Nuclear Medicine Clinical Education I, II, III, and IV.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- 2009-present American Society of Radiologic Technologist
- American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT), Radiologic Technology (N)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
- Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), Medical Technologist Nuclear Medicine
2491 State Route 45 South
CONTACT INFOPhone: 330-332-0361
COURSES TEACHINGFall 2013
- RIS 44001 - 500 Patient Mgmt In Nuclear Med
- RIS 44005 - 500 Nuclear Med Clinical Ed I
- RIS 44020 - 500 Nuclear Med Clinical Ed Iv
- RIS 44010 - 500 Nuclear Med Clinical Ed Ii
- RIS 44015 - 520 Nuclear Med Clinical Ed Iii